Tamarind Tree is expanding its core team
We are looking for people interested in Open Learning as a philosophy and practice. People must be willing to learn or already be well versed in the world of Open Source technologies. Those with skills in the areas of computer programming, video editing, image & graphics, 2D & 3D animation are encouraged to reach out to us, since the School, Studio and Lab need diverse skills.
Tamarind Tree School
Tamarind Tree is looking for full-time Facilitators to join our endeavour to re-shape the primary education system.
The Tamarind Tree model includes:
- Individualised Learning
- Content and Curriculum delivered through an open Learning Management System
- Innovation and optimized use of open educational technologies
As a Facilitator in the school a typical day will include:
- Ideating on alternative pedagogy and content delivery
- Critical analysis of Open Educational Resources (OERs)
- Preparation, planning and conducting student meetings
- Analyzing various data sets to understand learning levels, aptitude, and gaps in student learning.
- Contributing to creating digital education resources
You are inclined towards:
- Education and social justice
- Open Source philosophy
- Equal access and rights, including digital access and rights
- Open to the social construction of technology
- Rationality and reason
- Eloquent communication in English (written and spoken)
- More than consumer-level understanding of information and communications technology.
- Demonstrable expertise in any domain of your choice.
You will greatly help the model if:
- You can use graphic design tools (We prefer open-source tools like Inkscape, gimp, etc)
- You can generate and edit videos
- You are familiar with Learning Management Systems (We use the moodle framework).
- You can tinker with computer hardware and networking
- You can be a voice artist or an on-camera performer
- You are comfortable teaching remotely
Location: Dahanu, Maharashtra/Remote work option can be considered after initial immersion
We are looking for a commitment of one academic year. By working here you will gain:
- Exposure and understanding of the use of open educational technologies with marginalised communities
- A new insight into the use of educational technologies
- Unlimited opportunities to pick up new skills
- Experience in working in a transparent and non-hierarchical workspace
- Experience of a rural life
Remuneration: Commensurate with skills and experience
Virtual/Online Teacher – Mumbai
Tamarind Tree is looking for people who can teach students online using digital tools. A central unit has been started in Mumbai to provide support to young learners across India who are enrolled in our LMS at My Big Campus. The central unit will provide high quality interactive online classes to the learners. The project is starting with 200 students.
The profile of work is:
- Use Tamarind Tree’s virtual class module and take online sessions with students in the age group of 8 to 13 years online.
- Online classes are currently targeting learning outcomes in English, Math and improving the students Digital skills. The classes are driven through an online course.
- The duration of classes will be from 20 to 30 minutes each. Sessions will be held for 4 to 6 hours daily.
- In addition to taking the class, the students’ progress in the course needs to be tracked and updated.
- Eloquent communication in English (written and spoken).
- Ability to build an online persona for young children.
- Complete comfort with the basic digital device and its accessories.
- Openness to learning new tools.
This is a full-time position in Mumbai.
Remuneration: Commensurate with skills. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a small write up about yourself
Tamarind Tree Studio
Creating a mesh of interactive learning videos across grades and courses, Tamarind Tree’s studio is looking for people who:
- Have visualization skills and can conceptualize and write storyboard and screenplays for learning videos
- Have a passion for the visual medium with specific skills in video editing or animation (both 2D and 3d)
- Ability and openness to learning new tools for editing, animation
- Ability to explore new technologies and ideas in the visual space
There is both full time and part-time work in the Studio. Location is not critical.
Tamarind Tree Lab
The laboratory is constantly working on different projects. We are looking for a person with:
• Working knowledge of Debian and its derivatives
• LAMP administration
• Familiarity with open source web application
This is a full-time position in Dahanu.